There is no proof,' Pakistan's Interior Minister Rehman Malik told a private TV news channel in an interview.
The latest flip-flop came 12 days after Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said July 16 his Pakistani counterpart Yousuf Raza Gilani had informed him that 'common consensus' was being evolved and that 'action will have to be taken against him (Saeed)'.
Two days before that, on July 14, Pakistan's Punjab provincial government had dissociated itself from the case against Saeed, saying the federal government had not furnished 'solid evidence' to warrant his continued house arrest.
Ajmal Amir Kasab, the lone gunman captured alive during the Mumbai mayhem, has admitted to being a Pakistani national and to being trained by the LeT for the Mumbai attacks.
Pakistan has charged five men, including LeT commander Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi, with involvement in the Mumbai mayhem.
Last month, Pakistan handed over a dossier to India admitting its nationals were involved in the attacks. The dossier came days before the July 16 Gilani-Manmohan Singh meeting on the sidelines of the Non-Aligned Summit at the Egyptian resort of Sharam el-Shaikh.
Speaking to reporters after the two-hour-long meeting, Manmohan Singh said he had raised the matter of Pakistan taking action against Saeed.
'The Pakistan prime minister told me that there is common consensus being evolved that action will have to be taken against him. The Punjab government, which is of the opposition party, is being persuaded,' he said.
Among the other organisations Pakistan banned Tuesday are: Al-Qaeda, Sipah-e-Muhammed, Sipah-e-Sahaba, Jaish-e-Muhammad, Lashkar Jhangvi, Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan, Islamic Students Movement, Tehreek Nifaz-e-Shariat Muahammadi and Balochistan Liberation Army.