Email to editor
Email to Support
Thuglak Online Store
Cho's Collections


Kathadi Ramamurthi's


Tamil Telefilms
6 VCD/DVD Collections


Bharatanatyam
5 - VCD/DVD Collections


Yoga
8 - VCD/DVD Collections


Carnatic Music - Vocal
25 - VCD/DVD Collections


Devotional
21 - VCD/DVD Collections


Carnatic Music - Instrument
10 - VCD/DVD Collections


Mouli's
6 - VCD/DVD Collections


Crazy's
22 - VCD/DVD Collections


S.Ve.Shekher's
15 - VCD/DVD Collections


Kuchupudi
6 VCD/DVD Collections


Y.Gee.Mahendra's
8 - VCD/DVD Collections


Dummies Drama's
6 - VCD/DVD Collections

Pakistani PM again lauds Manmohan's 'vision and leadership'

Category :International Sub Category :Pakistan
2009-07-31 00:00:00
   Views : 214

India had frozen the composite dialogue process in the wake of the 26/11 Mumbai carnage that New Delhi has blamed on the Pakistan-based Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) terror outfit.

Pakistan has accepted that the LeT staged the Nov 26-29, 2008 Mumbai mayhem that claimed the lives of more than 170 people. The authorities here have also arrested and charge-sheeted five key LeT operatives, including its top commander Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi and communications expert Zarar Shah.

Pakistan has, however, been dilly-dallying on Hafiz Saeed, the founder of the LeT that has now morphed into the Jamaat-ud Dawa (JuD). India says Saeed masterminded the Mumbai attacks.

Saeed had been arrested and placed under house arrest in December 2008 after the UN proscribed the JuD for its role in the Mumbai mayhem. Citing lack of evidence, the Lahore High Court had June 2 ordered his release.

The federal and Punjab governments had appealed this in the Supreme Court but on July 14, the provincial government disassociated itself from the case, saying the federal government had not furnished 'solid evidence' to warrant Saeed's continued house arrest.

On July 28, Interior Minister Rehman Malik said Saeed would not be arrested till adequate proof was provided of his involvement in the Mumbai carnage.

'We cannot arrest him till adequate proof is provided. There is no proof,' a defiant Malik told a private TV news channel in an interview.




Author :Indo Asian News Service



Bookmark and Share

Related News

  • First Test: India 105/4 against Sri Lanka at lunch
  • EU postpones visit to see Pakistani seafood industry
  • First Test: India 105/4 against Sri Lanka at lunch
  • EU postpones visit to see Pakistani seafood industry
  • US, France, Britain warn sanctions against Iran (Third Lead)
  • Case against Sukhram referred to larger high court bench
  • Fiza to move court against Chander Mohan
  • CPI demands central probe against V.K. Sibal